Hier wat hij gepost heeft:
1. Mastercard is the starting group
I initially intended to release both Visa and Mastercard at the same time, but Visa is a slower journey. Walt can’t wait any longer, so for the initial launch, only Mastercards from the listed banks will be able to be added to Walt.
2. This is just phase 1
Many banks wanted proof that the app would actually work before they committed to approving their cards for Walt usage. They didn’t want to be the first movers. I think this is reasonable; no one has done what we’re trying to achieve here except for Apple and Google, so I understand the skepticism.
After we prove that Walt will work and that users will adopt it, a phase 2 group will come that includes many more banks (and may also coincide with the Visa enablement).
 Walt requires long hours |
3. Production rollout
Because Visa is no longer included, my previous deliberately slow plan for rolling Walt out to Europe,
starting first with Estonia, is now in the dust. I don’t yet have a new plan for how I will release Walt once it’s ready. So stay tuned.
4. What’s next
To get Walt to production, it now needs to go into deep focus work on tap-to-pay. I will pivot my time away from the
Passes feature that 3k people are currently using. I’ll also enable donations again here in the next few weeks (thank you to all of you who already donated last time). Please spread the word.
The future months are lower risk than all the mountains climbed to get to this point, but I won’t be sleeping until the production tap-to-pay functionality launches. I still believe that my previous timeline will hold up- that the first taps on Walt occur within 2026.
I am grateful to all of you who are on this waiting list. You are proof that a market exists to build for. I am humbled to be building for you all.
Xiaomi 14 Ultra 16GB\512GB EEA Global OS3.0.305.0.WNAEUXM + Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019