EVE Online. Het doel van het spel is simpel; dominantie; het veroveren van vijandige werelden en het verdedigen van eigen planeten. De release datum is nog niet bekend, wel is bekend dat dit spel voor zowel de XBox360 en Playstation 3 uitkomt. Er gaan geruchten dat het spel de Unreal 3 engine gebruikt waardoor er een kans is dat het spel ook voor de PC zal uitkomen.
Fanfest interview over Dust 514: http://www.dust514.org/in...t-interview&catid=34:news
Een overzicht van wat er bekend is (van Dust514.org):
- There will be a quickplay mode.
- There will be NPC faction warfare as well as the capture of player owned planets.
- Battles will take part on dynamic battlefields that are around 5 kilometres across.
- There will be a cap to the number of players per battle, which will be no less than 64 at launch.
- There will be a command structure: Squadleaders in charge of Infantry, will in turn be led by a player commander on board the MCC (Mobile Command Centre)
- The Commander will effectivly be playing a real time strategy game, and will be dependent on the situation awareness of ifantry players.
- There will be a number of sub-objectives, but the main goal will be to destroy the enemies MCC.
- DUST 514 will feature ten different vehicle classes, 8 of which will be available at launch. These include Warthog style buggies, Fighter Aircraft, Dropships and tanks.
- Infantry alike will be able to call in vehicles on the fly and have them dropped off by large dropships.
- Commanders will be able to deploy ground installations, which can house large gun and missile emplacements.
- Ground installations will also act as spawn points.
- Vehicles and installations will be purchased with "war points" which are a non-persistant game currency. This will allow each fight to have an "escalation of war" and will help prevent players with accumulated wealth from dominating.
- Rather than having a skill system like EVE Online or leveling system like World of Warcraft, DUST 514 will have an "achievement matrix" where objectives achieved in game unlock tiers which then give access to better items on the marketplace.
- Like ships in eve EVE, weapons and vehicles will be customised with module slots.
- There are two methods a DUST marine can use to get from planet A to planet B. The first is to clone jump, using similar technology to EVE Pod pilots. The second is to use their corps War Barge and fly to a hostile planet.
- DUST players will have to use the war barge to attack hostile worlds.
Interaction with the wider EVE universe
- EVE Pilots will own the majority of planetary districts, this will be introduced in the expansion following Dominion.
- DUST marines will be securing key staging area districts.
- Hiring Dust Marines will not be mandatory, but it will make the capture of planets easier.
- Initially Interaction wit EVE players will be done througuh the New Eden Social Network (COSMOS).
- Eventually CCP hope players in eve will be able to share the same social spaces as DUST 514 marines, presumably in stations.
- Initially at least, the economies of EVE and DUST will be kept as seperate as possible. CCP do not want co-dependency between the games.
- It is rumoured that DUST 514 will use the Unreal game engine.
- There will be a microtransaction model, rather than a subscription model.
- All the races in factions from EVE Online will feature in DUST 514
- There will be racial weapons, the strengths and weaknesses for each race that we all know and love in eve will feature in DUST 514
Hoewel Dust 514 nog geen officieële website heeft is er wel al deze fansite
- Wikipedia: Dust 514
De Dust 514 Wikipedia pagina
De website van CCP Games, de maker van Dust 514
CCP's youtube kanaal
- [PC][MMORPG] EVE-Online Topic - Deel 16
GoT's EVE Online topic
Mijn blog; Floating Points