Civilization 4: Colonization
1994 - 2008
September dit jaar zal het vervolg op het bekende Colonization uit 1994 uitkomen. Het spel zal een stand-alone game zijn op basis van Civilization IV. Het is dus, "net als toen", te spelen zonder een versie van Civilization IV. Kortom; het is weer tijd voor ouderwets handelen in fur and rum, het bashen van inca's en het kussen van de pinky ring!
Meer plaatjes (o.a. fullsize) zijn te vinden op deze site
Van de publisher
Onderstaand stuk is van Civ Fanatics.com
Announced on June 9th, 2008, Civilization IV: Colonization is a standalone expansion pack for the award-winning game Civilization IV. This game, a remake of the 1994 classic Sid Meier's Colonization, utilizes the Civ4 engine but does not require that any other previous Civ4 games (including the expansion packs) are installed. Thus, Colonization both incorporates some elements of standard Civilization IV gameplay while introducing some of its own. Some concepts from the 1994 version are also used to create a game with a balance of old and new.
Civilization IV: Colonization, like the classic, focuses on the European discovery and later colonization of the New World. Leading one of the major European powers, players will engage in diplomacy, exploration, trade, and, of course, warfare, as they struggle to dominate the newly found territories. Additionally, historical elements, like important people and revolutions, are also in place to create a realistic environment for players to control history and their countries' future.
* Classic Game Design Rebuilt for the Modern Era: Usher forth a new generation of Sid Meier’s Colonization with gameplay built on the award winning Civilization IV engine, providing the beautiful visuals, famously addictive gameplay and endless fun that are synonymous with Sid Meier strategy games.Fort
* Fight the Homeland and Establish a New Nation: Play as the English, Spanish, French or the Dutch and journey to a brave new world in search of freedom from your oppressive homeland
* Improved Diplomacy: Sustain peace and support your followers as you engage in advanced negotiations with natives, other colonists and the hostile homeland -- Trade resources, gold and land as you build the foundation for a self sufficient and powerful colony
* Historical Figures Provide Adaptive Gameplay: Acquire founding fathers such as John Smith, Patrick Henry and Samuel Adams who
will help guide your nation to freedom based on your gameplay style
* Brand New Interface: Both Civilization IV fans and players new to the series will feel right at home with an interface that Firaxis has built to be accessible and easy to navigate
* Multiplayer Offers Endless Replay Value: Compete with friends from all over the world via the Internet and Play by Email modes or compete locally via the Hotseat and LAN modes, offering endless ways to conquer the New World.
* Detailed Tutorial Guides Players In Their Conquest: Civilization IV: Colonization will provide an enhanced tutorial that will help both fans of the game and brand new players on their way to ruling the New World.
* Mods and Community Tools: Players will have limitless options for modifying the game to suit their needs. Firaxis will ship the game with modding tools including a map editor using XML and Python.
* Colonization is being developed by Firaxis Games and published by 2K Games, which is part of the overall company Take-Two Interactive. This is just like the previous Civilization 4 core game and expansions. Similarly, the design team behind Beyond the Sword, the latest expansion, led by Alex Mantzaris and Jon Shafer is also in charge of Colonization's development.
* The game is slated for a September 22, 2008 release date in North America and September 26, 2008 elsewhere as part of the Games for Windows program.
* It currently has been rated Everyone 10+ by the ESRB, the Entertainment Software Rating Board. For reference, Civ4 was rated E 10+.
* The system requirements different from regular Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword are: a graphics card with Pixel Shader 1.1 support. This increased requirement for video cards is due to the noticeable enhancement of water graphics, foliage, and terrain.
* There is a totally redesigned interface, as well as new music that is different from the core Civ4 soundtrack. Of particular note is the city interface, which emphasizes trade and the allocation of specialists.
* Like Civ4, Colonization contains its own Civilopedia that covers over thirty topics, from immigration to war and beyond.
Nog maar eens hoe het was...
Veel fullsize screenshot
Informatieve site van Civ fanatics
Site van publisher/producent
Tenslotte; have fun!
[Voor 46% gewijzigd door Loona35 op 17-09-2008 20:34]