Cookies op Tweakers

Tweakers is onderdeel van DPG Media en maakt gebruik van cookies, JavaScript en vergelijkbare technologie om je onder andere een optimale gebruikerservaring te bieden. Ook kan Tweakers hierdoor het gedrag van bezoekers vastleggen en analyseren. Door gebruik te maken van deze website, of door op 'Cookies accepteren' te klikken, geef je toestemming voor het gebruik van cookies. Wil je meer informatie over cookies en hoe ze worden gebruikt? Bekijk dan ons cookiebeleid.

Meer informatie

• dutchcan
  • Registratie: november 2018
  • Laatst online: 24-11-2018
Today I received an iPhone and sim card from vodafone, my service provider. I never ordered it. All the information in the package was correct--my address, name, account number. A couple days ago I received a message from vodafone thanking me for my bestelling. I tried to get into my account, but couldn't. I'm guessing my account was hacked and the password changed.
Well today I received the phone. Called vodafone and they said there were a couple messages indicating the order and canceling the order. The guy on the phone was surprised that I received the phone. We changed my password and login name and I've since been looking through my transactions and nothing shows that I ordered this phone.
They asked me to send it back, which I was planning on. But I've talked with several people in the meantime and they seem to think I can keep it.
Not sure about that.
Does anyone know the laws in this regard?
Thanks.

• energydrank
  • Registratie: mei 2014
  • Laatst online: 20-03 09:19

energydrank

Sorry, Niet thuis!

*knip* Zeg dan niets als je niets nuttigs te melden hebt.

[Voor 88% gewijzigd door Yorinn op 23-11-2018 17:20]

Slecht voor je gezondheid en je portomonnee!

• Anoniem: 320788
  • Registratie: oktober 2009
  • Niet online
Ik zou hem lekker terug sturen naar Vodafone.
Niet mee geven aan iemand die straks voor de deur staat en verteld dat er een pakjes van hem bij jou ligt.

Just send it back to Vodafone.
And if somebody rings the doorbell. Saying there is a package for them at your house, don't give the package. It's a rip-off. .. only send it back
VF will not send anybody to pick the phone up

[Voor 43% gewijzigd door Anoniem: 320788 op 23-11-2018 17:06]

• dutchcan
Sorry, maar ik ben Canadese, en mijn nederlands is niet zo goed. Ben aan het leren
In kort, ik heb een iphone gekregen maar niet besteld. Mag ik het houden? Ik denk van niet.

• SeatRider
  • Registratie: november 2003
  • Laatst online: 18-06 14:58

SeatRider

Hips don't lie

dutchcan schreef op vrijdag 23 november 2018 @ 17:01:
Sorry, maar ik ben Canadese, en mijn nederlands is niet zo goed. Ben aan het leren
In kort, ik heb een iphone gekregen maar niet besteld. Mag ik het houden? Ik denk van niet.
Nee, ik denk ook van niet.

Nederlands is makkelijker als je denkt

• Niet online
Just send it back. And watch out 4 people at the door saying the work 4 Vodafone.

• Croga
  • Registratie: oktober 2001
  • Laatst online: 08:12

Croga

The Unreasonable Man

dutchcan schreef op vrijdag 23 november 2018 @ 17:01:
Mag ik het houden? Ik denk van niet.
De telefoon is niet van jou. Je mag hem dus niet in gebruik nemen.

In principe hoef je ook geen moeite te doen om hem terug te sturen. Vodafone is daar verantwoordelijk voor. In principe zou Vodafone moeten zorgen dat hij bij je af gehaald wordt.

Dat betekend niet dat je hem niet terug mág sturen. Persoonlijk zou ik dat wel zo netjes vinden.

• dutchcan
Geen moeite om het terug te sturen. In het doos is een terugstur plakje. (sticker). Maar ja, het is duidelijk dat iemand heeft mijn account gehakt.

• Hackus
  • Registratie: december 2009
  • Niet online

Hackus

Chain DL,SQ,BP,MP, and Flys

@dutchcan Call your Provider
https://www.vodafone.nl/s...on/index.shtml#abonnement

Je mag het toestel niet houden, en pas terugsturen als je bevestiging hebt ontvangen. oa per e-mail dat de bestelling foutief is en dat je het terug kunt sturen.

[Voor 98% gewijzigd door Hackus op 23-11-2018 17:15]

Kiest als MTB' er voor het mulle zand en drek, ipv het naastgelegen verharde pad.

• dutchcan
Heb ik al gedaan. Ze waren blij dat ik heb het gemeld. Ik denk dat dit vaaker gebeurd.

• _Mystikal_
  • Laatst online: 14:10

_Mystikal_

ja gewoon, enzo....

This is very common the last few months here in the Netherlands. There's big group of scammers who use hacked accounts to order phones and then try to rob the courier. I work at a serviceprovider, and we see these cases a lot unfortunately.

My advice to you is to follow this process, and go to a Vodafone store where you can give the device back, and get a confirmation of that.

https://www.vodafone.nl/s...telling.shtml#retourneren

Do not let Vodafone send a courier to pick up the device, criminals have been known to infiltrate there as well.

• Niet online
VF winkel is idd wel een leuk advies

• dutchcan
This is quite troubling Mystikal. The thought that someone is waiting in the wings to rob a courier puts him and the receiver, me in this case, at risk. The scammer would know my address and would also know that there is a brand new iphone in my house.
The sooner I'm rid of this thing, the better. And I will bring it to the store. If I return it via post I have to pay eur. 8 for aangetekend. Talk about adding insult to injury.

• Niet online
VF will pay 4 shipping.

Just ask in the shop if it's oke the leave the phone there,. And make a note that indicates you dropt of the phone and let them sign 4 it

• _Mystikal_
  • Laatst online: 14:10

_Mystikal_

ja gewoon, enzo....

To strengthen my point about inside jobs:

https://www.rtvutrecht.nl...oges-bij-mikropakket.html

About the robbing of couriers:
https://www.ad.nl/rotterd...rie-tieners-aan~a123c67a/

Unfortunately there's a lot of money to be made with this type of crime.

• Floppus
  • Registratie: juni 2001
  • Laatst online: 12-06 09:08

Floppus

Adviseur

Customer Experience matters

This seems to be thought more often. This is because a law was introduced a few years back stating that if stores send you something for the purpose of pursuading you to buy it you can keep it without paying.

But that does not apply; the situation is either a mistake or abuse by a third party.

It means you never became the actual owner of the phone. So Vodafone is in their right to ask it back - but obviously there should not be cost to you so compensation for sending it back is correct.

Download the most extensive Market Analysis on Customer Communication and Experience available anywhere (free, no sign up needed)

• dutchcan
Agree Floppus. This is a completely different scenario, so of course I will bring it back to the store. I've decided to this instead of sending it via post. At the very least, let this be a warning to others. It seems scammers will go to any means to fraud. Sad.

• gangsta_playa
  • Registratie: juli 2011
  • Laatst online: 18-06 19:10
dutchcan schreef op zaterdag 24 november 2018 @ 15:58:
Agree Floppus. This is a completely different scenario, so of course I will bring it back to the store. I've decided to this instead of sending it via post. At the very least, let this be a warning to others. It seems scammers will go to any means to fraud. Sad.
Be sure to ask a receipt. So you have proof that you gave it back.
Pagina: 1

Apple iPad Pro (2021) 11" Wi-Fi, 8GB ram Microsoft Xbox Series X LG CX Google Pixel 5a 5G Sony XH90 / XH92 Samsung Galaxy S21 5G Sony PlayStation 5 Nintendo Switch Lite

Tweakers vormt samen met Hardware Info, AutoTrack, Gaspedaal.nl, Nationale Vacaturebank, Intermediair en Independer DPG Online Services B.V.
Alle rechten voorbehouden © 1998 - 2021 Hosting door True