Cookies op Tweakers

Tweakers is onderdeel van DPG Media en maakt gebruik van cookies, JavaScript en vergelijkbare technologie om je onder andere een optimale gebruikerservaring te bieden. Ook kan Tweakers hierdoor het gedrag van bezoekers vastleggen en analyseren. Door gebruik te maken van deze website, of door op 'Cookies accepteren' te klikken, geef je toestemming voor het gebruik van cookies. Wil je meer informatie over cookies en hoe ze worden gebruikt? Bekijk dan ons cookiebeleid.

Meer informatie

• bibbo
  • Registratie: juni 2020
  • Laatst online: 03-07-2020
Hello all,
Sorry if I write in English, but my Dutch is not the best - hopefully english is a bit better >:)

I have a question that bothers me: I have been in the NL for a few years, and never got any invitation to file my taxes yet. I always supposed this is because I did not owe anything (I only worked for the same company and also have 30% ruling option). From what I understand you only have to file if you’re invited to do so OR have to pay more than ≈70€ (not my case).

By filing I would probably even gotten some money back as I got some raised over the years (and in the first year I had no income before moving to NL), but I never thought it's worth the hassle.

Did I have to file the M-form for the previous year and taxes for the remaining, or I am fine with my interpretation?
If yes, I guess this can still be fixed or it would be seen as late filing or any sanctionable behaviour?

• bibbo
Thanks, this helps me a lot, I had an accountant raising some doubts and this made me insecure (I have OCD and these topics stress me a lot, I want to be 100% sure everything is compliant :))

Other question: if one has the 30%, he can not declare box 2-3 income. What if there is no return (I'm not sure if there is an explicit opt-out or you just put 0 in it) ? My assumption is that since I would not pay box 2-3, so potentially no tax and no need to file a return as I owe less than 47€. Is this correct?

• bibbo
GlowMouse schreef op maandag 29 juni 2020 @ 19:06:
You have to make the choice explicitly. If you do not file taxes and would owe box 2-3 as a resident, you risk a 'verzuimboete'.
"De in het eerste lid genoemde keuze kan worden gemaakt en herzien zolang de aanslag niet onherroepelijk vaststaat."

Does that mean that it can still be done even for previous years?

• bibbo
GlowMouse schreef op maandag 29 juni 2020 @ 20:32:
[...]

Absolutely, up to five years ago.
and no sanctions? I basically don't have to pay any tax, so even if late, i'm not sure if I technically be "at fault", in a way it's better for them if I dont do anything as I would get money back from a return - that's probably why they never invited me :)

• bibbo
AlbertJP schreef op maandag 29 juni 2020 @ 21:42:
In any case if they didn't ask you to fill in your taxes and you have no reason to assume you owe them anything (like income on which tax wasn't withheld), it's fine.
FIne also if I dont do anything or I need to do the return? They are quite expensive..

• bibbo
GlowMouse schreef op maandag 29 juni 2020 @ 22:44:
[...]

If you were a resident of the Netherlands for tax purposes (based on your personal situation), and if in principle you owed box 2-3 income tax, you should have filed sooner to opt-in for partial non-resident taxpayer status. I cannot predict if you will get fined for filing late, but I think it is unlikely as you get a refund like you say (but catch 22: only after you file). From a practical perspective, the Dutch tax service might not be aware of your box 2-3 assets, and when you file as a non-resident you do not have to disclose them, so they might not know that they can fine you.
Thanks. I guess they can know as 90% of my assets are anyway in dutch banks =)
Pagina: 1

Dit topic is gesloten.

Apple iPad Pro (2021) 11" Wi-Fi, 8GB ram Microsoft Xbox Series X LG CX Google Pixel 5a 5G Sony XH90 / XH92 Samsung Galaxy S21 5G Sony PlayStation 5 Nintendo Switch Lite

Tweakers vormt samen met Hardware Info, AutoTrack, Gaspedaal.nl, Nationale Vacaturebank, Intermediair en Independer DPG Online Services B.V.
Alle rechten voorbehouden © 1998 - 2021 Hosting door True