Popcorn Hour A-100 allows you to pull in digital video, audio and photos from various sources for your enjoyment on your HDTV or Home Theater setup.
You can stream or playback your digital media content from a variety of sources, such as your PC, NAS, digital camera, USB mass storage devices (Flash drive, HDD, DVD drive) , internal HDD* and even directly from the Internet via the Media Service Portal.
It also serves as a NAS and a BitTorrent peer-to-peer downloader** to eliminate the need to switch on a PC or other device for this purpose.
The Popcorn Hour A-100 supports the latest high bitrate video formats (MPEG2 MP@HL, H.264 HP@L4.1, VC-1 AP@L3 in TS of at least 40Mbps) to give you up to 1080p high-definition videos.
In recognition of advances in Internet TV, the A-100 supports peer-to-peer Internet TV streaming technology from SayaTV, as well as popular unicast internet TV such as YouTube, Google Video and Metacafe via the Media Service Portal.
The A-100 firmware is upgradeable to support future media containers, codecs and features.
* UPnP SSDP
* Windows Media Connect
* Windows Media Player NSS
* HTTP servers: myiHome, WizD, SwissCenter, MSP Portal
* BitTorrent P2P
* NAS access : SMB, NFS, FTP
* Video : YouTube, Google Video, MetaCafe, VideoCast, DL.TV, Cranky Geeks
* Audio : iPodcast, Radiobox, ABC News, Jamendo
* Photo : Flickr, Picasa
* RSS feed : Yahoo! Weather, Yahoo! Traffic alerts, Yahoo! Stock, Cinecast, Traffic Conditions.
* Peer-to-peer TV : SayaTV
* Internet Radio : Shoutcast
Media files supported
* Video containers:
o MPEG1/2/4 Elementary (M1V, M2V, M4V)
o MPEG1/2 PS (M2P, MPG)
o MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS)
o AVI, ASF, WMV
o Matroska (MKV)
o MOV (H.264), MP4, RMP4
* Video codecs:
o XVID SD/HD
+ ASP@L5, 720p, 1-point GMC
* Audio containers:
o AAC, M4A
o MPEG audio (MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA)
* Audio codecs:
o WMA, WMA Pro
o MP1, MP2, MP3
* Audio pass through : DTS, AC3
* Photo formats : JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
* Other formats: ISO, IFO
* Subtitle formats : SRT, SMI, SUB, SSA
* Cardea DRM (WMDRM-ND)
* Sigma Designs SMP8635
* 256MB DDR SDRAM, 32MB Flash
* HDMI v1.1 (up to 1080p)
* Component Video (up to 1080p)
* Composite Video
* Stereo Analog Audio
* S/PDIF Coax Digital Audio
* 2x USB 2.0 host
* Parallel ATA
* Ethernet 10/100
* 12V DC, 3A
* Width 10.5"(270mm) x Depth 5.25" (132mm) x Height 1.25" (32mm)
* 2.2 lbs (1Kg)
* NMT A-100 (HDD not included)
* 100~240V Power Adapter and 3 Prong Flat US Power Cord
* 1.5M length HDMI cable
* Remote Control with 2 "AAA" batteries
* Quick start guide